Search results

1. saltwater

Recapped my EPI 100’s today, do they need to break in?

Give it some time. Usual rule of thumb is 50-100 hours. Mine mellowed out after about three 8 hour sessions. Kinda random, but I notice your in Texas. Near Iowa park? Are you familiar with gr research? I’ve been wanting to see what he says about a epi 100…
  2. saltwater

Epi M60

Aileen’s is the only thing I’ll use, Good to see them up and going.
  3. saltwater

Been looking for months

Been debating on getting one for awhile now. Curious to see, hear and read your thoughts. Especially with the b-2’s.
  4. saltwater

New RCA jacks installed- now a (ground loop) hum?

May or not help the situation. But I had a issue with a hum after replacing a pair. Had to do with the way the grounds were facing on the jacks. I had to turn them away from each other. It was a phono junction box. Try turning them clockwise or counter clockwise?
  5. saltwater

Happy Birthday saltwater!

Thanks everyone, Your good people.
  6. saltwater

Bozak speaker help

Your welcome. The Facebook group can fill you in if your looking for a lot of info. @Rikhammers
  7. saltwater

Bozak speaker help

Barzilay cabinets, and appear to be “bozak 302a”?
  8. saltwater

Still dabbling in this hobby…

I wasn’t impressed with the 6sn7 tube preamp I have. It Rolled off the bass, and didn’t drive it fully. Obviously unbalanced. The c4 does decent, and I realize it’s probably a weak link. But it can handle the long unbalanced at the moment. Thanks for letting me know what you use.
  9. saltwater

I’m all ears on another preamp. If you got a recommendation… it’s no slouch though, it drives it with ease. There is always a way.
  10. saltwater

Noob here...

Welcome. @k_teven East moline
  11. saltwater

Soavo Grand Piano Speakers - real?

I remember something a long time ago referencing these. This was not something Yamaha produced, but rather a made up idea. Someone with digital photo skills.
  12. saltwater

They are open baffle, and those subs have been in just about every position around those magnepans. Im in the process of some research on the dsp addition.
  13. saltwater

@Okra They are something everyone needs to encounter. Can’t say enough good things. I looked behind me, didn’t see anything.
  14. saltwater

I could probably use the room reading, 1st and 2nd treatments are done. Ceiling is floor joists and untreated. I thought about a cloud, but feel I don’t need it. So I kicked that idea to the sideline. There are tube bass traps in the rear corners as well.
  15. saltwater

Interesting, Will definitely ponder this with some research. Appreciate it @stoutblock
  16. saltwater

@wyceeric I’m thinking preamp. The c-4 is pretty amazing, but I’m missing a little of the midrange bloom. I want to say the Yamaha pc5002m amplifier is not the issue.
  17. saltwater

I don’t post much around these parts. But I still lurk a lot and comment on topics I’m comfortable with. I’m at a crossroad where I’ve been stuck for a bit sonically. I think it’s front end and amplifier upgrade time. But can’t decide… from a audible standpoint this is just ridiculous. I dabble...
  18. saltwater

Which sub to try

I run two triple gr research open baffle subwoofers. Integration was the key, and ability to blend with my magnepans. There’s many options on those Rythmik amplifiers for function. The servo part sold me, Fast and effortless.
  19. saltwater

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Feb 25, 2007
  20. saltwater

EPI M100 (first version) simple walnut clean-up

I have never seen green glue on any pair. They truly are great speakers and enjoy my epicure 10’s a lot. Mods are simple as well. Add a brace front to rear, Replace the cap, Then enjoy!
  21. saltwater

NS-1000M Terminal Replacements

I upgraded mine to the binding posts, soldered. I think I got them off that one auction site. A worthwhile upgrade imho. As avionic says, if the crimp is done properly. Sure.
  22. saltwater

Do you use a subwoofer in your stereo system? If so what kind?

Triple gr research open baffle subwoofers, two of them. One on each side... and yes, they are phenomenal.
  23. saltwater

Happy Birthday saltwater!

Thanks!
  24. saltwater

bozak 302a urban

I’ve seen that quite a bit. Was posted in the bozak Facebook group as well.
  25. saltwater

bozak 302a urban

What’s the electronics in there? Pictures? Usually it’s a dual turntable and some middle of the line gear.
Back
Top Bottom