Never used ADS L780/2 - nice

Maxray

Wish I needed these! They are right nearby too.

---

http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/2117736757.html

Pair of ADS L780/2 high end stereo speakers ! Vintage around 1985 ....These speakers are from an estate in Newport, RI Excellent condition as they were never used !!!

Retail list price for these when purchased new was $795.00 Tested and the audio is amazing ! Do a search online and these are rated A++++ Very Collectable !!

ADS - Analog & Digital Services Wilmington, MA

Speakers are perfect and cabinets and grilles are excellent....a few very minor light scratches which can probably be polished out ...

These are 3 way speakers

8.25'' WOOFER 2'' dome midrange 3/4'' tweeter

Measures 20 " x 12" x 11"

Asking $225.00 for the pair

Cash Only ...No Shipping

Nice speakers. I ahve a pair of 780 (not series 2). Paid half, but these might be an OK deal for somewhatt less (below $200 i would think).

"Never used" is a misnomer here. If they were out of the box and sitting in a room, they were used. Now, they may be near mint... the ad says there are some very minor scratches that could be buffed out (I never understand why people don't bother to do that themselves, as no blemishes raises the resale value). That said, I'd say they'd be worth $200.

Interesting. Any idea how these would compare to L520's (or M9's)?

Reviews on these seem to be somewhat mixed - some people love them, others say they are bland etc

These are 3 way vs the 520 and 570 which are 2 way IIRC.

You have to listen and decide fro yourself. They are very tigth in the low end, nice xtended highs and wonderful mids. But I am biased...

Man, I am longing for some ADS speaks, indeed!

Those sure do look nice.

Rome

I've got a pair of the 780's (not /2's). They are great speakers and despite being acoustic suspension are fairly efficient. I have them hooked up to an Eico ST-70 tube amp and they sound magical. With all that said, the price seems $50-$100 too high IMO.

I had some 780/II's sitting here in barter town for weeks at $125 and then put them on CL...no buyer interest whatsoever

Never used- but man they sure sound good! Psychic listening does not provide a qualified opinion- or, possibly they HAVE been used...

Yeah, even at $200 it is too high. Meh. Plus, the 'never used' claim really sketches me out. I don't like people who exaggerate. Just tell it like it is! Obviously it was used at some point. Unless it is still sitting in a box in styrafoam, it has been 'used' haha.

I think I'll stick with my current ADS speakers..

what makes this thread and listing slightly more interesting is this listing I saw in the Denver CL. Not in anyway affiliated with this listing, nor the identical listing that was above...

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/2389111967.html

This is a pair of ADS L780 3 way speakers. Very expensive in the day. I have been not using them for years and moving them because I loved them so much.
Moving again and willing to part with them. They have sold on ebay recently for $200-$350. Good shape and not that used.

Pair of ADS L780/2 high end stereo speakers ! Vintage around 1985 ..

Retail list price for these when purchased new was $795.00 Tested and the audio is amazing !
Do a search online and these are rated A++++ Very Collectable !!

Speakers are perfect and cabinets and grilles are good.... very light scratches which can probably be polished out ...
Grills are excellent.

These are 3 way speakers

Wish I needed these! They are right nearby too.

---

Are these still Available?
I live outside of Boston and am interested.

John R

617-952-1809 TXT or call

serious buyer.

http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/2117736757.html

Pair of ADS L780/2 high end stereo speakers ! Vintage around 1985 ....These speakers are from an estate in Newport, RI Excellent condition as they were never used !!!

Retail list price for these when purchased new was $795.00 Tested and the audio is amazing ! Do a search online and these are rated A++++ Very Collectable !!

Speakers are perfect and cabinets and grilles are excellent....a few very minor light scratches which can probably be polished out ...

These are 3 way speakers

Asking $225.00 for the pair

Cash Only ...No Shipping

y5av0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom