seeburg discotheque speaker system

my listenin room is 30 ft x 25 ft, they would make 1 heck of a surround system, I wouldnt even have to add a sub. lmao

pics of crossovers

Sorry, i was gonna post these earlier, but havent had a chance. Im old and slow, heres the pics of the clip ons someone has added. I swapped the crossovers on the speakers and they seem to be helpin in taming the highs and mids.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing what you are calling "clip ons" in the pics; they look pretty much like the stock crossovers, the difference being whatever that is in the lower right of the second pic.

Any idea what that is?

[I have no opinion regarding 806A's ;) ]

Sorry zilch, thats the add on i was talking about, someone sawed out for the speaker wire clip ons. I will get another pic of the back. Another question, i read that when utah made the drivers for altec, they were custom built just for this particular model. Is there any truth to that? Or are these just the run of the mill utah drivers? I can pull one out and take a pic if you wanna see them.

Sorry zilch, thats the add on i was talking about, someone sawed out for the speaker wire clip ons. I will get another pic of the back. Another question, i read that when utah made the drivers for altec, they were custom built just for this particular model. Is there any truth to that? Or are these just the run of the mill utah drivers? I can pull one out and take a pic if you wanna see them.
They don't look "run of the mill" to me, but Gordon would know for sure. I'm just not familiar with Utahs....

Here are the wire terminals someone added. If its factory it looks like an afterrthought. Thanks for the help. Tryin to find reliable info on these things is sketchy at best.

Last edited:
That connection label to the right is of particular interest. Could you post a readable pic of it, please?

Interestingly, "With all other speakers disconnected," they connected these 8-Ohm satellites to the 16-Ohm taps. I wonder if that meant with the internal speakers, if there were any, also disconnected.

And 18 Ga wire up to 60 feet.... :)

Seeburg introduced these in 1963 with the introduction of the LPC-1 jukebox. The LPC-1 and the rest of the 1960's Seeburg Line had Disco versions available and Seeburg offered this speaker system as part of the Disco system. Seeburg also had records available for dancing with the system and decor options as well. The speaker compliment you mention is original to this unit. Anyway, they sound superb. Some history for you!

I think I am going to pick up a pair of these. Are they keepers?
Using them with the stock crossovers and drivers would acoustic foam at reflection points tame the high frequencies somewhat? I'm not terribly handy anymore and mods would be something I'd have to arrange to be done at an additional expense. i haven't owned many horn speakers and am aware they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom