Realistic Nova 5........

Cogsinister

I have found a pair of these in my local thrift in good condition.....will have to go back with a screwdriver to get the wooden grilles off to see if the foams are rotted.....(bound to be i guess)

The thing is.....i have searched the radio shack catalog site and i cant find them !!!

I know you guys can do anything, so can anyone help be find them in the Ratshack cat ?

Not sure if you had already found this features/specifications page or not:

http://support.radioshack.com/support_audio/32502.htm

Are you looking for the catalog listing to determine how old they are or how much they originally sold for?

Thanks for that........

Well kind of both.....its nice to know what years they came from....i have more pairs of Realistic speakers here i got from the thrift store, they seem to be very common here.....and i very much like the sound of my MC 14000's ....as to what they sold for, well thats nice to know......but i only ever give between 2 and 5 bucks for speakers at my thrift......

I can normaly locate speakers in the catalogs online, but not the Nova 5.....i can find Nova 6, 8 10 but no 5......

I like the Nova 5s. I found them on the catalog site once, but I don't remember the year. I might have posted what I found somewhere, let me look.

Last edited:
I like the Nova 5s. I found them on the catalog site once, but I don't remember the year. I might have posted it in an old thread I started about them, let me look.

If they sound better than the MC 14000's i will be surprised........i still have to go and confirm that the foams are rotted......the rather nice wood lattice grilles need to be unscrewed......im not sure if i want yet another re foam project, but i so want to save them !!!!!!

Oh they are the "Made in Korea" varients not Japan :(

I bought a pair off of CL a few weeks ago they were rotted. Someday I might try to fix them. I got to learn to refoam sometime, these might be a good candidate to start with.

I bought a pair off of CL a few weeks ago they were rotted. Someday I might try to fix them. I got to learn to refoam sometime, these might be a good candidate to start with.

Thats a great idea.......refoaming is fun !!!!!!

Here they are...............

3654280676_29a2e27288_b.jpg

Foams intact unbelievable !!!!!!!!!

Good enough for me anyway..........sound fine..........

Last edited:
I bought a pair of 8's a couple of weeks ago. I see where the 5's are ported. The 8's are not. Question: Has anyone ported a originally non-ported speaker? I am not particularily impressed with the 8's, but they are in pristine condition. Thought porting them might do something for them. Bit they way they are designed, it would be difficult. Any thoughts?

I bought a pair of 8's a couple of weeks ago. I see where the 5's are ported. The 8's are not. Question: Has anyone ported a originally non-ported speaker? I am not particularily impressed with the 8's, but they are in pristine condition. Thought porting them might do something for them. Bit they way they are designed, it would be difficult. Any thoughts?

I think the size of the hole is important......thats about the sum of my knowledge........

I bet those foams explode. Mine looked great for about 2 weeks, then...confetti.

Yes indeed Sam, i was afraid to breathe on them..........mere atoms were holding them together........

But they have now been passed on to my daughter for a system i made up for her.........so they are her problem now ;)

Back
Top Bottom