Sansui SR838

Theabs

Just picked up my first piece of Sansui gear, an SR838 turntable in immaculate condition. Now I need to find myself a nice Sansui integrated or separates!

picture.php

Beautiful table; it sounds as good as it looks, too! :thmbsp:

You have a slew of choices to match it with, because Sansui had a lot of black-faced amps, even through the "silver" era. Their receivers tended to be silver-faced, though. I think you might consider an AU-8500 or AU-9500 amp to go with that. Good sound, good phono stages, too --and all black-and-silver. Many other possibilities, though. AU-919 and TU-919 might be a nice complement to it, too. See what you can find in your area.

Extremely nice find. I love mine.

If a turntable could be 'perfect'...it would be the SR-838 as far as I'm concerned.

I am envious... I want one(even more so an SR-929). I LOVE my Denon DP-59L but a SR-929 would complete my much loved Definition series rig.

I got an Sr-838, au-717, tu-717, all together from someone who was selling it for his parents.
They all sound great and are from the same year(probably sold to his parents as a complete stereo system).

So if you can find the above components then you'll have a "complete stereo system" minus the speakers!

Just picked up my first piece of Sansui gear, an SR838 turntable in immaculate condition. Now I need to find myself a nice Sansui integrated or separates!

picture.php

Indeed, I would love to have a TOTL Sansui turntable......

You could easily go an AU-9500 integrated.....I highly recommend the early AU amplifiers......

bluesky,what happened to those SP-2000 left over's, I did not find them on E-Bay, are they gone, you have to send me a reply at my E-mail for some unknown reason, fanningdaryl@ yahoo.com, Thanks Daryl.

ohhhhhh, such a sweet table, i am searching high and low. it may be that i need to stop looking to find one. congrats on such a nice find!!!!!!

I switched the original Sansui cartridge with a Grado G2+, sounds fantastic. Also, I will have a nicely rebuilt BA-2000/CA-2000 coming my way soon, courtesy of paul79, plus I grabbed a nicely eclectic-looking TU-666 tuner for a reasonable price. My first Sansui system. :banana::thmbsp:

That's a really really great combo that most Sansui folks here strive for much less a "first Sansui system" love the BA/CA units. What speakers will you pair them with?

The TU-666 is cool but a TU-9900 would be a tuner to strive for and really fit your CA/BA units better PLUS is ONE of the best Sansui tuners available.

That's a really really great combo that most Sansui folks here strive for much less a "first Sansui system" love the BA/CA units. What speakers will you pair them with?

I have a rotation of Polk SDA2, AR M6, AR-5, Energy RC-10, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6. We'll see who gets along the best together once I have everything.

I used to power a pair of Polk SDA1c with my BA-5000/CA-3000 combo.... sounded great! The SDA1c's were bested by Infinity RSII's... then RSIIb's so away they went. I just recently sold my Polk monitor 10... still have a stash of those silk dome tweets laying around.

bluesky,what happened to those SP-2000 left over's, I did not find them on E-Bay, are they gone, you have to send me a reply at my E-mail for some unknown reason, fanningdaryl@ yahoo.com, Thanks Daryl.

I'm going to wait to find the exact W-112 woofer for the AS-300s. If I have to wait years...so be it. I have other speakers to listen to. Just wish the AS-300 woofer didn't go bad. Slowed down my game plan. Such is life.

Back
Top Bottom