Most miles you got out of a car

My eleven year old Toyota Echo with 112,000 miles has been a great car. Other than brakes and fluids the only repair was to a bend in the exhaust pipe. That repair set me back $50 which is not bad for the first repair. The car runs so well and no fluids leaking that I plan on driving 250K.

No shocks or struts in 112 kilomiles? My 2006 Scion xA is built on the same frame, engine and tranny as an Echo (different suspension, though, which greatly improved the handling) and is going in for overdue shock and strut work this week at 92,000.

My current 2000 Honda Accord with 115,000 miles.

Never owned a car past 100k before.

Cheers,

Snade

my 99 chevy malibu as at 230k right now, but I've got to bring it in for something with the evap system, shouldn't be much though. The worst problem with these cars are the gaskets that deteriorate, had the intake manifold gasket done which can be spendy.

1982 Saab 900 (bought new for $9995 - ugh!) was traded 6 years later with 153k miles for a 1989 Chevy P/U.

I've had 4 Accords. All got over 150k before selling, but still running strong. Never put any real repair in any of them, just regular maintenance and minor things here and there.

Now my sons Taurus...that's another story. Every 2 years something that costs $500 to $1000, and it only has 80k on it.

275k out of a 85 (I think) S10 pick up. Still going strong when I traded her in. Oh, the radio was intermittent and I never could fix it, but that was the only issue it ever had.

Favorite Car:
71 Plymouth Duster With a slant 6 engine.
I had 196.000 miles on it when this Idiot that was helping me change the brakes, let the Jack down to fast.
Well, the back spring when up into the Trunk on the Driver side...metal was gone.
I sold the car to a fella that wanted to put a 340 in it.
(I bet that slant 6 is still runnin somewhere...Couldn't kill that engine)

Least favorite car I would have to say was a 83 Pontiac Grand Prix...Transmission whent out twice in 1 year.
THEN THE ENGINE BLEW!
(junked that sucker)

first and only car is a 2003 Monte Carlo SS

I bought it with 32,000 on the clock. Up around 92,000 now and nothing besides normal wear and tear.

I did rebuild the engine and put the supercharged components from the Pontiac grand prix, and 04 monte, etc on there. Same engine, just slightly different compression ratio.

Very torquey V6, and gets 32-33 mpg on the highway with premium.

Love it to death, and will prob never sell it and keep is as a nostalgia piece. :thmbsp:

EDIT: for spelling

Last edited:
1982 VW Rabbit 5-speed manual made in Pennsylvania. They were supposed to be very poor quality, but I bought a repo with 8K miles on it and gave it to my brother with 165K on the odometer in 2000. It wasn't perfect, though. I had to have the brakes done at 135 K and a new clutch at 150K. The valve guides were replaced at about 30K under factory warranty.

245,00 on a 1998 BMW 318ti I bought for a sixteen-year-old daughter but currently in use by my wife for a weekly 200-mile drive to take care of her mother in DC. Still getting over 30-mpg with no major repairs (starter, mass-air-flow meter, window regulator). Hit three deer within the last year costing one headlamp assembly, one mirror assembly, and a big dent in the fender on that same side. Not that photogenic currently!

202,000 miles on my daily driver 1995 BMW 525i 5sp with chipped DME, lowered suspension, and 17-inch wheels. Original clutch other than one slave cylinder. Put the second battery in it a month ago. No major components replaced beyond tires and brake pads. Don't know what I'll do if I ever have to give it up!

E34.jpg

Favorites: 1972 Ford Bronco and 1998 Acura Integra GSR. One was quick, fun and had loads of ammenities. The other was a sweet-ass Bronco with a 302, three on the tree and a 2" lift.

Least Favorite: 1977 Gremlin - I can now appreciate how cool that car was, but as an 18 year old college freshman, it was birth control on wheels

I squoze 127K out of my last car, a 2003 Mazda 6. Quite a feat if you consider that I used to trade cars every two years.

[

Least Favorite: 1977 Gremlin - I can now appreciate how cool that car was, but as an 18 year old college freshman, it was birth control on wheels ]

LMAO

I wish I could answer the "most miles" question, but the odometer in my '79 Toyota 4x4 Diesel crapped out at 293,000 miles IN 1994! I still have it and drive it regularly, but it's not a daily driver.

As far as favorites, I like 'em all, but among them would be my '70 Buick Electra, and my '76 Seville (daily drivers 20 years ago or so). Least favorite might be Mazda B2000 truck, or a brand-new '87 F150 4x4 I had for a short time in the past. Nothing terrible; no hate... Just among the least favorite.

Charles

My 2000 Catera has 170k miles on it. My goal is to reach 200k. Although I feel as if i'm cheating a little since I had to change the engine out about 40k miles ago.

Back
Top Bottom