Preamp that came with HF-87 amplifier

Tubesounds

I’m new here and I need to know what preamp was made for the Eico HF-87 amplifier. I have the original EL-34 tubes that have never been used and i want to keep it matched. Thank You all

Last edited by a moderator:
Another new member and original post edited .I saw the original post today before the edit and it did sound like a W.T.B nad i read betwee the lines and figured that @ Tubesounds was looking for what was the proper preamp to match the Eico hf-87 hence my reply.
Ak mods or members need to explain rules to the newcomers or post a linkto them.

I’m new here and I need to know what preamp was made for the Eico HF-87 amplifier. I have the original EL-34 tubes that have never been used and i want to keep it matched. Thank You all
Thats a nice amp.
You sound like me . i love matching gear and i have been matching gear up for the last 35 years .Unlike most people myself i started with tuners first and if i liked them i then went after the matching amp preamp etc..
Welcome to ak and hope you stick around.Theres lots of knowledgable people that techs etc.. that can help you with any poddible questions you have.
Regards ,
Chris

I pulled apart a few disintegrating Eico consoles, and if the amp was an HF87, the preamp was the HF85.

Back
Top Bottom