What's your dream muscle car?

Jailtime

Standin' on a corner
60's and 70's era American muscle only, please. :thmbsp: I've seen some fine muscle cars, but one stands out as the car of my dreams. I'm a GM fan, so I might be a bit biased. But that gorgeous 1969 Yenko SC Camaro is the car of my dreams. Yeah, I saw one. :yes: Any Mopar with a 426 Hemi would be fine too. :D Hey, if you happen to own a dream muscle car, post some pics!

The one I let get away in 1978. A 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, 428CJ, 2 4V carbs, race prep, bucket seats, roll cage, black on black, 7000 miles stored under cloth. $6000 and I still dent my butt over not buying this car.

The one I let get away in 1978. A 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, 428CJ, 2 4V carbs, race prep, bucket seats, roll cage, black on black, 7000 miles stored under cloth. $6000 and I still dent my butt over not buying this car.

:yikes: :ntwrthy: 428CJ! Shoulda, coulda, woulda. :tears:

My 70 GTX was pretty cool.

440/six barrel.

Got me in a lot of trouble.

Still my dream car that got away.

I guess if I were to pick, of that criteria, probably would be one of the very rare '69 ZL-1 Corvettes, but I'd probably settle for one of the '69 ZL-1 Camaros if I had to. ;)

67 GTO Convertible 400 tri-power/ 4 speed
Regards,
Jim

ZL-1 corvette would do it. I think they only made two, and I don't think either one ever made into private hands. Since I'll never have one of those, I'll proubably end up inheriting my dads 66 GTO hardtop/4-speed. Thats my favorite muscle car that will ever actually be attainable.- not just my dad's, but any 66 GTO.

Would'nt mind buying back my former 70 Chevelle Pro Streeter, Alas a casualty of the growing family. Slammed, Tubbed, 598 BBC. The single guy's good ole days. I sure miss that idle at stop lights, And kicking the rice burners to the curb.

One I didn't let get away!

My 1966 GTO.

Purchased from the original owner in 1972, my first car, owned by me for 37 years. :yes:

This is the car I drove through college and drove to work when I was 70salesguy. I continued to drive it as my daily driver until about a year after I went to work for the electric utility company. I was driving about 60 miles a day to work and back and needed something that got better mileage. Fortunately, I made the right choice to keep the GTO and buy a newer car to drive to work!

Attachments

• big gto.jpg
    big gto.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
1968 Dodge Charger 426 hemi.

IMHO beats the famous dukes charger (the 1969) design--i like the single section grill (the '69 has a bar down the middle making 2 sections) and the dual round tail lights. the '69 has a long flat tails, those little round ones are better. :p

Henry

oh, and make it bright green. :smoke:

1972 Pontiac Trans Am

If only...:rockon:

0811phr_05_z1970_pontiac_firebird_espritside_view.jpg

Back
Top Bottom