What's your dream muscle car?

69 Mach I.

I’d be perfectly happy with a M-code 4 bbl 351W as a driver, but as a “collectable”, it would have to be the R-code 428 Super Cobra Jet (SCJ).

Either would have to be the 4 speed top loaders as well…

Last edited:
69 Mach I.

I’d be perfectly happy with a M-code 4 bbl 351W as a driver, but as a “collectable”, it would have to be the R-code 428 Super Cobra Jet (SCJ).

Either would have to be the 4 speed top loaders as well…

Local mechanic I know, was helping a friend sell a 1971 Boss 351 Mustang.

I will, say, I did NOT expect that to be as fast as it was. Completely stock, 13 second quarter mile, on stock type tires.

Maybe rarer than the Super Cobra Jets?

Not my favorite Mustang body style by any means- but a really respectable performer. Especially for 1971.

Regards,
Gordon.

My "wet dream" car would be a 70 or later GTX or Barracuda. Or a 71-72 Chevelle.
I currently play with Fieros. This one has a Cadillac motor in it.shop crop.jpg

I once had a '64 Chevelle convertible. Balanced small block, Muncie M-22 trans, Corvette 3.36 rear, Rochester 650 Q-jet carb. Not too exciting until you got rolling, but 1st gear was good for 60+ mph and once you got above 30 mph the secondaries would kick in and it would pull all the way to the redline in top gear. It ran about 14 flat in the quarter mile. Oh, and if you behaved yourself it would get over 20 mpg. I'd like to have one just like it today.
It would make me :biggrin: every time I drove it.

My dream car is the one that got ripped off they day after I had it painted in pearl white and pin striped by Vic Kessler. 1966 Nova SS with a 327 / 365 (my favorite all time engine), plus 4 on the floor with Hurst shifter. My pal and I found it totally stripped down to the shell in a nearby park. The only thing I was able to salvage was the trunk chrome which I still have. Though I guess I should move that along one of these days to someone who want's a very good condition part for their 66. No way I could ever afford one now.

Last edited:
If I could own a classic muscle car, It would be a 65 Chevy Impala SS. Really like the lines of that year Impala.

If I could own a classic muscle car, It would be a 65 Chevy Impala SS. Really like the lines of that year Impala.
The one that got away. I had the chance to buy a 1965 Chevy Impala SS convertible, red, 327, 4 speed, glass rear window, factory air, $500. Didn't.
Of course this was in 1972, but what was I thinking?!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom