HPM-900 Crossover Schematic

DVaughn58

I picked up a pair of HPM-900 x-overs on Ebay that I'm using in a speaker project. I just need to know for certain which wire pairs go to what. I assume the pair coming closest off the big caps /choke are woofer (blue/white) and the (yellow/white) pair by the small transformer are for supertweet...the other 2 sets go to the L-pad. However, as indicator plates are gone from the pads I am unsure which of the two are what....there is a black/white pair that come off by the supertweet (lower left in image) and another set (purple/white) to the right of the 2 choke coils. I believe the purple white (by the lesser choke) goes to the mids, and the one by the ceramic resistor to the tweeter. [On the L-pad, the black/white goes to the Pot labeled 8101-1, and the purple/white to Pot 8101-2 ]

Any verification is highly appreciated (and hopefully I will get a project thread up here eventually)

thanks
Dan V

HPM900.jpg

This ought to work for you. Welcome btw..!

attachment.php

Attachments

• pioneer-hpm900sche.jpg
    pioneer-hpm900sche.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 414
You gotta be kiddin' me!!
The woofer is connected directly to the amplifier - no coil, no impedance, no nothing in the crossover!?
No wonder my Franken-900 sound sometimes a bit "from-a-barrel" (i.e. gloomy).
Gotta do something about it - like - add a 0.6 mH choke coil in serial to the woofer(s) (like in the HPM-100s).
Very many thanx "Ed in Tx" for the schematic of the '900s, it was an eye-opener...

I have a pair of HPM-900s in great shape, and I'm curious if anyone has reworked their crossover. I've got too much on my plate right now to sit down and work through the process of redesigning it, plus my skill set for the job is quite limited. I'll probably getting around to adding an inductor to the woofer at some point, but sometime it would be nice to install an updated crossover in there and see what these can sound like.

I know this is a very old thread but can anyone tell me what the cap values are on the mid? looks like the first one is 4.7 but can't read the second

That IS very hard to read. Kinda looks like a 1 to me. Can you look inside your speakers and verify?

Defintely 1.0 uf. If you look at the parts list, each capacitor part number includes the encoded uf. 1R0K 63 is 1.0 uf 63V with whatever tolerance K is (10%?).

I know this is a very old thread but can anyone tell me what the cap values are on the mid? looks like the first one is 4.7 but can't read the second

i also know this is an old thread but to answer your question, look at the parts list in the picture. the values are in the part number and yes it is a 1uf

In all there are 4 capacitors of 63 bolts each..
0.47mfd 63volts
1mfd 63 volts
2.7mfd 63 volts
4.7mfd 63 volts

You can raise voltages of new capacitors

Back
Top Bottom