good trunk space
has a spare tire
has a sun roof
has small blind spot
has good reviews
all wheel drive
looks still count
no leather seats

Not asking for much in the way of "dreams".

Maybe I am. :bigok:

Q

Your car looks good in red with the rear spoiler. And it doesn't look like you've curbed the wheels. Good low km's '07 revised facelift models like this example are going for good money in Australia Heck if I had the money i'd be tempted to snap that car up! It looks like a heap of fun, plus rock solid Honda build quality.
Well, you know your S2000s! :)

Mine is OEM. These days, they are hard to find as most have been riced-out or have body damage.

engine_bay_right_5XXH6EPyeahRZPR4yH42Tm.jpg

engine_bay_left_dgYzzEd2jy5zHrhetjTYJf.jpg

Under the hood.

Last edited:
Hey, great choice! I like it!

Got the bro to yours...a "NISSAN" X-Trail, prob with very sim options and reliability factor.

Forgot to mention the "gitty-up-go" and with the XT's 2.5, more than ample, eh?

Q
2024 is the last year of the 5Gen 4Runner with the 4.0-liter NA V6 (270 HP) which is what I wanted. So about last chance to get one.

The 6Gen 4Runner will be along for 2025 and will likely have a 4-cylinder, turbo and small hybrid motor like the 2024 Tacoma which will probably be just fine, but.

Anyway, time to get it dirty.

Thx.

2024 is the last year of the 5Gen 4Runner with the 4.0-liter NA V6 (270 HP) which is what I wanted. So about last chance to get one.

The 6Gen 4Runner will be along for 2025 and will likely have a 4-cylinder, turbo and small hybrid motor like the 2024 Tacoma which will probably be just fine, but.

Anyway, time to get it dirty.

Thx.

Like yer attitude! :thumbsup:

Q

I'm not always sooo quick on the uptake, but it is slowly becoming clear that I'm an oddball.

I actually gave up driving 26 years ago after moving over here and discovering what a truly great mass transit system is good for.

But if I was ever to want to get back into driving, my choices are probably somewhat bizarre.

First choice would not actually be a car, but rather a 1977 HD XLCR 1000.
Second choice would be a 1964 Triumph TR4a, in spite of the maintenance that owning one would entail.
3rd choice would be a 1966 Dodge Dart with the HiPo 225ci 4bbl straight 6 and a 4 speed manual.

Cheers,
James

My dream car was an IROC-Z (really, it was just the body style), I ended up building an RS that will run circles over any IROC-Z ever produced. I used to like the 1969 Camaro SS but then I started seeing too many of them at car shows. It kind of killed it for me. Then they became totally inaccessible post 2015 or something.

So my dream car was and still is a third gen camaro. 1992 RS with a 355 LT1, forged bottom end, a long list of upgrades. IMG_20240329_163451.jpg
IMG_20240330_182010.jpg

I'm not always sooo quick on the uptake, but it is slowly becoming clear that I'm an oddball.

I actually gave up driving 26 years ago after moving over here and discovering what a truly great mass transit system is good for.

But if I was ever to want to get back into driving, my choices are probably somewhat bizarre.

First choice would not actually be a car, but rather a 1977 HD XLCR 1000.
Second choice would be a 1964 Triumph TR4a, in spite of the maintenance that owning one would entail.
3rd choice would be a 1966 Dodge Dart with the HiPo 225ci 4bbl straight 6 and a 4 speed manual.

Cheers,
James
The HD shovel is still fairly "acricultural" from experience, and that awful exhaust mounting sysem. The Evo was a definite improvement, but I was the guy that wanted an ironhead sporty when I retired. Live and learn.

Not a "dream car", but I gotta say I'm quite enjoying our 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman now that the weather had improved enough to get it out for a drive:

fr_47.jpg

It's not the turbo model, but with the 6 speed manual, it doesn't need it. It's a tight, super stiff chassis little car that will have you laughing your head off when hustling down a mountain road at 40 mph that you'd have to do 80 in the Vette to get the same sensations.

Say what you want about BMW and their "policies", there's no denying they know how to design a stiff chassis and really make a car handle.

It's like a slightly bigger, road legal go-kart. 120 hp go-kart, but a go kart none-the-less. I tore the engine down and rebuilt it last year, so it's putting every one of those 120 horsies to the crank.

Difference is when you "eff up" in the Vette at 80 mph it's a whole lot more serious problem than 40 mph in the Mini.

The Mini is just a riot. It's that fun "good time girl" you love just hanging out with but you just can't put your finger on why you do. It's just fun.

And unlike a classic Mini, this one has modern convinces and safety features so after the laughter ends and you're pointing it towards home, you can crank the ac and enjoy the cruise control.

It doesn't always take HP to have fun.....

Last edited:
The HD shovel is still fairly "acricultural" from experience, and that awful exhaust mounting sysem. The Evo was a definite improvement, but I was the guy that wanted an ironhead sporty when I retired. Live and learn.
Re the ironhead sporty and older sportys in general, they can be the most fun you can have on open roads for two hours or ca 75 miles. Then you just want to get the thing home and get off for the day.

Back
Top Bottom